Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Willie

Willie Nelson is 80 today. This is a man who has given me much pleasure over the years. In fact this very week I am struggling with learning to play "Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain" on my guitar.

That was the song which launched his solo singing career. Prior to that he was better known as a song writer - for instance he penned the famous "Crazy". He has recorded scores, if not hundreds, of albums, in many different styles and genres. He will have a go at anything, not always with pleasing results, but some of his songs are memorable.

He also seems to be a thoroughly nice chap. You can always tell by the way they treat their guests.and Willie is supremely kind and encouraging.

Happy Birthday Willie - and many more of 'em.

And the same goes for my brother Paul, who is slightly younger, but who nevertheless shares a birthday with Willie.

2 comments:

talesfromagarden said...

Didn't know that info! Love that song Crazy! Anything Willie sings is great by me,good luck with your guitar playing!

talesfromagarden said...

PS, I'm watching Willie Nelson on Sky Arts 1HD at the moment!