Sunday, December 23, 2012

More Reviews Of Vic's Big Walk


Just spotted a couple of reviews I didn't know about, of "Vic's Big Walk".

There is this one on Amazon.com:

"4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Story December 3, 2012
By Meredith Pike-Baky
Format:Paperback|Amazon Verified Purchase

I would have loved photos and maps throughout the journal entries. I appreciate so much Vic's dedication and admire his physical strength!! I am inspired to do something similar." 


And this one on Amazon.co.uk:

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly inspiring tale, 2 Nov 2012
By Chris Lown - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Vic's Big Walk (Paperback)

Vic's Big Walk is an awe-inspiring tale of bravery, determination and stamina, written by a truly remarkable man. Anyone capable of walking almost 1900 kilometres from SW France to NW England is a hero in my book (although I know Vic finds this term rather embarrassing), but to take on such a task at the age of seventy to raise money for such a worthwhile cause is just extraordinary. I loved 'Vic's Big Walk' - it was inspirational, thought-provoking and beautifully written. 


I don't know either of these kind people but I wish there was some way of telling Meredith that in the book is listed a website where photographs can be seen. The pictures were not included in the book because it would have pushed the price up considerably

I don't know if Chris Lown is the man of that name who wrote the excellent book "Tents and Tent Stability". Whether he was or not, he was moved to make a donation, via my JustGiving page, to pancreatic cancer research. Thanks again, Chris, that is what my efforts are all about.

The website I mention, for pictures associated with the walk, can be found by clicking this link:




No comments: