Monday, August 22, 2011

Nostalgia

Trampships Tankers and Polite Conversation: Experiences of the Merchant Navy during the 1950's And 1960'sTrampships Tankers and Polite Conversation: Experiences of the Merchant Navy during the 1950's And 1960's by John Lee

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


My daughter Nicola suggested that this would be a welcome birthday present for me.



I can't imagine why - it is about a teenage boy going to sea as a junior officer in the Merchant Navy in the 1950s. Wait! That sounds familiar!



I have only read the first couple of chapters and already the nostalgia is flowing, the lamps are swinging and the weevils are popping out of the hard tack.



Excellent



View all my reviews

Jackie A put a very kind review of my book on Amazon today. For details of where to find the book "Vic's Big Walk from SW France to NW England" double click on this.

No comments: