Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Walk Of Life

I have put this information on my blog before but I am repeating it, not through vanity, but because people keep asking me if there was any television coverage of the end of VBW.

Only those in the North of England would have seen it live, but Tony White has kindly snagged the news item and put it on YouTube.

You will find it by double-clicking on this link, or copy and paste it into your browser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXEsgaK8EL0

During the walk there was some debate on my blog and via e-mail about which song would be the most suitable as a theme tune. Nobody, including myself, realised that there was an ideal candidate. The BBC used it in the news item. Dire Strait's "Walk of Life". Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler are my favourite artists and I particularly like this simple but striking track. Not to mention that there is an obvious tie-in with the life-saving objective of my fund-raising walk.

In fact, if I had thought about it, the walk itself could have been called "The Walk of Life".

No comments: