Friday, August 27, 2010

111% and 40



I'm still walking, and people are still donating.

I walked 24 kms today and it was hot. High 20s, I think, but of course that would be in the shade, where I was not. Yesterday the shade temperature went over 40 degrees. That is unbearable. Fortunately, I was too busy to walk.

It did remind me that the original plan for VBW was that I would start from Blackpool on July 23rd, my birthday, and walk home to France. This means that I would still be on the road now, and of course I would not have had any choice about walking in yesterday's heat. How wise it was to change the plan. ;-)

Donations to Pancreatic Cancer research continue to roll in. Even now, 5 weeks after the event finished, £180 has gone into the fund in the past week. I know there is more to come.

The actual amount raised so far, including the contribution from the tax authorities, is over £9,100.

No comments: