Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 30. Outlook Wet (Again)


/>


A quiet day, with nothing much to report. The only matters of note are:

1. I passed the 900 kms mark, having walked 28 kms today, 906 kms in all so far. Total ascents today 874 metres. I walked from Parcay les Pins to near Le Lude, where we are now encamped. We are not too far away from Le Mans, where the 24 hour races are currently under way, so there are lots of enthusiasts cars about.

2. I was dry. This is possibly the fifth day out of 30 in which I have not been wet while walking. I should make the most of it because the forecast for the next 3 days, which is as far as it goes in the newspaper, is wet.

One of the pictures is of the amuse bouche preceding the extremely scenic meal we shared with Rob and Judith on Friday, at the hotel in La Breille les Pins. It seemed a shame to disturb it by eating it, but, heroically, we pressed on.

No comments: