Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Internet in the woods.

Hi Everyone, the surrogate blogger here. Nicola (Vic's daughter for those who don't know me or know of me). I'm posting as Dad and Gay's camps for the past two days have been in areas that have no Internet reception, and I know some of you out there are anxiously waiting for news. We have managed to exchange a few text messages while Dad is walking, however, and the news is that everything is going according to schedule. Total kilometres walked as of last night (end of Day 3) clocked up to 104. Dad hopes to pass through a town today, where he will look for an internet café and post his blogs for days 2 and 3 (already written and waiting to posted!) en route. This might be a regular occurrence during the walk, as the route is an extremely rural one.
Day 4 well underway, and when I spoke to Vic about 10 minutes ago, he wasn't even slightly out of breath, in spite of the fact that I know there are a lot of hills out there!!!
Go, Vic, Go!

1 comment:

talesfromagarden said...

What a great man,now that the "event" is here the adrenalin will keep him going and going....!