Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day Three




Thanks to Nicola for holding the fort and putting an entry on here so that everybody would not think I have disappeared.

Today’s walk was from Salles-sur-l’Hers to Auriac-sur-Vendinelle (all these places can be found on Google Earth).

The walk was without incident and was, unfortunately, 36 kms, which means that I have walked a total of 104 kms in the first 3 days of VBW. I could do with a shorter stage soon. I am averaging well above the 30 kms a day I set myself, which in itself is pretty demanding.

The picture is of a windmill between Belesta and Le Vaux. This is obviously an area for windmills. As I came into Le Vaux there were 3 windmills in less than 100 metres

These blog entries will appear late because I am finding it very difficult to get connection to the Internet. This is likely to be the pattern for the whole of this trip because we are travelling through such rural areas - also France is very hilly so there are lots of dead areas for telephone reception. So there will likely be several days without blog entries, then a rush of several, like this batch.

No comments: