Sunday, October 11, 2009

Back To Earth



Sharp contrast after the peace described in my last posting. After arriving home and cleaning up, Gay and I drove to Toulouse to collect our friends Margaret and Jim Gregson, from Canada, who are with us for a few days. So it was straight from empty roads and mediaeval silence to city traffic and jams. Horrid.

I shall not be doing much walking while Margaret and Jim are here - it has taken too long to lure them. so it will be just a bit of pottering about. I should still clock up not far short of 100 kms for this week and over 3700 kms for the year.

This morning we shall be going to the market in Esperaza as usual, but instead of me walking home, we shall then be going on to the stunning complete mediaeval walled city of Carcassonne, as seen above.

No comments: