Thursday, October 15, 2009

Achy Flakey Legs



I am reminded this morning of one of the reasons I like to keep on the move - apart, that is, from the posse always on my tail.

My legs are stiff. I walked 18 kms yesterday, with a 300 metre climb built in. So what, you say, you do that all the time, sometimes much more. But yesterday's walk came after a few days of not doing much exercise because we had some rare visitors.

It's an age thing, I suppose.

On the other hand, one thing that can cause achey legs is salt deficiency. And, although I was carrying plenty of water yesterday (reinforced with salt as per the instructions from my hydration correspondent), because it was cool I did not drink a drop. Bad move, perhaps.

There is, of course, the possibility that I have finally succumbed to the cold which Gay has been throwing at me for the last week or so, with some assistance from Jim, who arrived here last Friday complete with his own cold. This would explain some other symptoms I am exhibiting, such as a suspect throat. Oh dear. Never mind, could be worse - each day's mail and news is always there to remind me of that.

1 comment:

Leone Fabre said...

hang in there .... achy legs or not, you are doing great. :-)