Thursday, July 9, 2009

Staying Alive ...



... So sang the BeeGees. Still do, occasionally.

But this is a reference to my concern, expressed in other posts on this blog from time to time, about knowing what the traffic behind me is doing. I mentioned the other day that a simple solution, at least worth trying, would be to attach a bicycle mirror to a walking stick.

In a comment on the "Bob Dylan" posting a few days ago, "Chrisgod" tells me that he has seen such a device on sale in Skipton recently. I am hoping he will get back to me so I can learn more about this (or, if he lives in Skipton, I hope he can get hold of one and send it to me - of course I will reimburse him).

In the meantime, if anybody else knows about these gadgets, I would be keen to know about them. You can find my e-mail address in the "About Me" section on the right side of this page.

"Cajensis" also left a comment saying that he had seen similar contraptions in a Hallmark store. Not too many Hallmark stores in the Pyrenees - where are they?

No comments: