Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Sense Of Proportion

My worst walking week for months, if I just look at kilometres covered. Strange that I expected last week to be a bit thin because we had visitors, yet I had the company of Septimus Willem up hill and down dale and managed to clock up 133 kms.

This week, with lots of driving to do, our wedding anniversary, and many interruptions from the rain, thunder and lightning we seem to have had now for at least 4 days, I have walked a mere 82 kms. Today I have not walked at all - I don't mind getting wet in this warm weather, but I am very reluctant to set off climbing hills when there is so much rattling in the sky and bolts from the blue aplenty.

82 feels so disappointing, and yet it is over my stated target of 10 kms per day. Must try to keep a sense of proportion. The objective for the rest of the year is to try to keep fit, not to cover huge distances. I seem to be heading for a total of between 4,000 and 5,000 kms for the year, which should be more than satisfactory if I can manage to stay injury-free.

Year to date so far is 2386 kms.

No comments: