Friday, June 26, 2009

Buttons not Bows


Welcome to the new visitors to the blog as a result of this article in the Blackpool Gazette:

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/blackpoolnews/Blackpool-pensioner-to-walk-to.5406287.jp

Just to correct a couple of points in the story. The headline reads (it may have changed on the Internet version by the time you see it) that I am walking to the Pyrenees, whereas in reality I am walking from the Pyrenees.

Also, at the end of the story, it refers to contributions. I should make it clear that the only financial contributions I am seeking are for a charity, UK Pancreatic Cancer (as I announced a few days ago on this blog). In the next few days a "button" will appear on this blog which, when clicked, will make it easy for people to contribute directly to that charity, to help fight a terrible disease which took a mother from my children and a grandmother from my grandchildren, one of which, wee Alessandro, she sadly never saw.

The only other contributions I am seeking are in the form of advice, tips and general encouragement, of which I am receiving plenty.

The picture above is one that I took when Septimus and I were walking from Quillan to my home in Puivert a couple of days ago. Just a sample of the scenery here in Paradise. And obviously within walking distance!

For those too young to remember, "Buttons and Bows" was a hit song once upon a time. It first appeared in the Bob Hope and Jane Russell movie "Paleface" and was excruciatingly performed by Dr Frasier Crane, with most of the words having disappeared from his mouth.

No comments: