Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Things Are Moving Again

I forgot to switch the computer off last night. When I went to do so this morning, I found that it was installing 6 Windows updates. Where had these come from, when my modem does not work? That's what the technician told me yesterday.

So I switched on again and it seems I can access the Internet and send and receive e-mails, albeit rather slowly. I assume the new modem is on its way to me, as promised, and that things will be even better when I have installed it.

I did, as mentioned in "Excuses, excuses", manage to salvage something from the wreckage of last week's walking, by managing a couple of good French walks, of 15 and 22 kms,at the weekend. The total for the week was still only a miserable 58 kms, but I am still well ahead of the plan, with 1522 kms walked this year - an average of 10 kms a day would have added up to 1300. And I am over the forecast 3-week lean period which followed our exit from New Zealand.

No comments: