Saturday, May 23, 2009

Lots of Kilometres, Little Weight Loss

51 weeks to go. I have clocked up over 1700 kms this year, so far.

A bit tired after suddenly (following our return from New Zealand and 3 weeks in transit) lurching into 100+ kms weeks again, and also the return to very hilly terrain with lots of climbing.

The weather has been reasonably kind, despite conflicting and usually incorrect forecasts, so I have managed to get out every day this week without too much discomfort.

I remain amazed that all this walking, all the kilometres covered, and all the calories expended, seem to have made zero difference to my weight. I don't particularly want to lose a lot of weight but I would have expected to do so, especially as there has been no increase in food input. A friend was telling me only last night that she had been told that walking, slow and steady aerobic exercise, is the best way to lose weight. My evidence is all against that.

No comments: